An AC system is a very important part of the home. When the summer months arrive in Germantown, Gaithersburg, Potomac, and Clarksburg, MD, homeowners throughout the area will turn on their AC systems to stay cool and comfortable in their homes. Unfortunately, many of these homeowners will soon discover their systems aren’t working properly.
Here at Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning, we routinely hear customers ask, “Why is my AC blowing warm air?” This is why AC tune- ups are mandatory before the start of the hot MD months—a tune-up will ensure that your system is working properly when you need it to the most. Summer 2012 was the third hottest summer on record for the U.S., according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Summer 2013 could be just as bad.
Call us today at 301-990-7970 to schedule tune-ups for your system or keep reading to learn about the benefits of regular AC tune-ups.
Benefits of AC Tune-Ups
Routine AC tune-ups will extend the life of your AC system (one of the biggest investments in your home). Additionally, scheduling routine AC tune-ups with Michael Bonsby can save you as much as 30 percent on your monthly energy costs, but it could also save you hundreds of dollars by identifying potential problem areas with your system before they become major problems—and lead to expensive repairs.
To understand the full benefits of routine AC tune-ups, think about the following questions:
- Would you like to save money on energy costs?
- Do you want to maximize the life of your expensive AC system?
- Would you like to improve your AC system’s performance?
- Do you want to avoid costly AC repairs?
- Do you want to enjoy a cool, comfortable home this summer?
Most homeowners throughout MD answer YES to each of these questions. Regular AC tune-ups with Michael Bonsby can help you experience all these benefits. ENERGY STAR reports that a yearly tune-up of your heating and cooling system is just as important as a tune-up for your car.
Our AC Tune-Up Service
When you schedule AC tune-up service with us, we’ll have a certified HVAC technician follow key steps to inspect your AC system, which include:
- Checking thermostat calibration
- Monitoring refrigerant pressure
- Testing the air conditioner’s starting capabilities
- Testing the air conditioner’s safety controls
- Cleaning and/or replacing standard air filters
- Cleaning and adjusting blower components
- Testing and, if necessary, correcting air flow
- Tightening electrical connections
- Measuring volts and amps
- Lubricating all moving parts
- Cleaning condensate drain
- Measuring temperature difference between supply air and return air
- Applying protective coating
- Monitoring cooling cycle
- Inspecting evaporator coil
- Examining installation quality
- Examining equipment condition area and clearances
- Cleaning condenser coil
Summer 2013 could be one of the hottest summers on record. Contact Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule a thorough and comprehensive AC tune-up in the MD area.