You wouldn’t take a road trip in a car that’s been sitting in the garage for a year without getting a checkup, right? Well if you turn on your furnace in the winter without having it looked at by a local HVAC company, that’s exactly what you’re doing! Furnace inspections and maintenance are crucial for keeping your heating system operating smoothly and at peak efficiency all winter long. And if you live in Germantown, MD there’s only one name you need to know—Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning!
If you want to get the most out of your furnace every year, call us today at 301-990-7970 or click here to contact us online!
Why do I need my furnace inspected?
Furnaces, especially newer ones, are designed to last a long time—usually as long as 10 – 15 years. But even the most well designed system might run into problems, especially during the spring and summer months in Germantown, MD. A furnace inspection from Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning is basically a checkup of your system, where we’ll perform basic maintenance tasks including:
- Inspecting the exhaust flue
- Inspecting the inducer housing for cracks
- Inspecting all burners
- Inspecting the heat exchanger
- Testing for gas leaks or carbon monoxide
- Ensuring proper combustion air levels
- Testing high-limit/auxiliary limit switches
- Testing the pressure switch
- Testing for proper gas pressure
- Testing igniter resistance
- Testing motor amps
- Ensuring proper fan speed
- Testing motor capacitor MFD
- Testing inducer motor amps
- Cleaning pressure switch barb
- Cleaning flame sensor/thermocouple
- Checking filter
- Checking air flow (evaporator coil cleanliness)
- Checking cleanliness of blower fan
- Cleaning blower and burner compartments
In addition to helping your system run at max efficiency all season long, a furnace inspection can help prevent untimely breakdowns that can cost a lot to repair and leave your family out in the cold! Before the air gets too cold this year, call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning!
Special Offers near Germantown, MD
Looking to save even more money on your HVAC services?
Why call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning for Furnace Maintenance in Germantown, MD?
We offer our furnace maintenance clients the peace of mind that comes with knowing your provider is:
- Family owned, operated, and local
- Committed to complete customer satisfaction from start to finish
- Trained, educated, and licensed
- Honest and accurate when providing quotes for time, materials, and equipment
- Fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- A Member of Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- Featured as an HVAC provider on “This Old House”
- Offering 24-hour HVAC service – usually by the next day
If you are interested in learning more about our Germantown, MD furnace maintenance and tune-up services, contact us today!