Having a routine AC tune up once a year is as important as having your car’s oil changed regularly – AC tune ups, like oil changes, do not take a long time but can greatly extend the life of your air conditioning system and can save you from the stress and expense of costly repairs later on. Annual AC tune ups can also keep your air conditioning system running at its highest efficiency – in some cases, air conditioning systems that do not receive regular AC tune ups can lose up to 95% percent efficiency! If you live in the Maryland or Washington DC area and want to keep your air conditioning system running smoothly all year long, call Michael Bonsby HVAC to schedule an AC tune up today!
Benefits of Routine AC Tune Ups
Not only can an annual AC tune up from Michael Bonsby save you as much as 30% on your monthly energy costs, but it could also save you hundreds of dollars (and hours of stress!) by locating and letting you fix any potential issues with your air conditioning system before they become major problems. In addition to the cost saving benefits, an AC tune up from Michael Bonsby HVAC will ensure that your air conditioning system runs cleanly and efficiently all season long. An AC tune up will take care of things like dirty filters or cracked components in your air conditioning system to make sure that your system runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
What You Get with a Routine AC Tune Up
Before you sign on for a routine AC tune up, it is important to know exactly what is involved. Some companies may charge you for services you don’t need or may leave out some important steps. Some even charge for an AC tune up and perform nothing more than an air conditioning system inspection. At Michael Bonsby HVAC, our certified technicians perform a comprehensive AC tune up so that you can be sure your air conditioning system will be as good as new. The steps of our AC tune up include:
- Checking thermostat calibration
- Monitoring refrigerant pressure
- Testing the air conditioner’s starting capabilities
- Testing the air conditioner’s safety controls
- Cleaning and/or replacement of standard air filters
- Cleaning and adjustment of blower components
- Air flow testing and correction
- Tightening electrical connections
- Volt and amp measurement
- Lubrication of all moving parts
- Cleaning condensate drain
- Measuring temperature difference between supply air and return air
- Application of protective coating
- Monitoring cooling cycle
- Inspecting evaporator coil
- Examining installation quality
- Examining equipment condition area, and clearances
- Cleaning condenser coil
If you live in the Maryland or Washington DC area and want your air conditioning system to last through the summer months, call Michael Bonsby HVAC to schedule a comprehensive AC tune up. Our certified heating and air conditioning technicians can help you make sure your system is running as efficiently as possible and can greatly reduce the risk of a costly breakdown.