Air Conditioner Maintenance in DC, VA & MD Area
For over 20 years, Michael Bonsby HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical has been the go-to HVAC company for air conditioner inspections, tune-ups, and maintenance throughout Montgomery County, MD, Fairfax County, VA, and Washington, DC.
A properly maintained air conditioner lasts longer, runs more efficiently, and won’t break down as often as an improperly maintained system, so trust our expert HVAC technicians with your system. We also offer air conditioner maintenance contracts to keep your system running smoothly year after year.
What Are the Benefits of AC Maintenance?
Lower Monthly Utility Bills
Simple procedures, like changing an air filter or cleaning a coil, allow the unit to run much more smoothly. And when your air conditioner runs smoothly, it uses less energy—resulting in lower monthly cooling bills.
Over 40% of air conditioning breakdowns are caused by a lack of proper AC maintenance. Once dirt gets into the system, parts are more likely to rust and get ruined. By having a qualified technician check your entire AC system, you can find problems before they arise.
Most companies do not accept an air conditioner repair warranty claim if the air conditioner has issues due to a lack of maintenance.
Air Conditioning Maintenance Checklist:
- Inspect and replace air filters
- Inspect and lubricate all fans and motor bearings if needed
- Clean blower assembly of normal dirt
- Inspect all belts and replace as needed
- Inspect and adjust valves and dampers
- Take amperage readings on all motors and compressors
- Inspect the refrigerant operating pressures as required
- Calibrating safety controls and temperature controls
- Visually check units for refrigerant gas and oil leaks
- Inspect condensate pumps
- Clean out drain lines using CO2
- Check electrical connections and tighten if needed
- Check condensate pan
- Check thermostat calibration and recalibrate if needed
- Inspect condition of coils
- Inspect supply and return air temperature
- Test overall operation of the air conditioning equipment
Routine Maintenance Can Help You Avoid Costly Repairs
By scheduling tune-ups, your can avoid common AC issues, like:
- AC that keeps shutting off
- Air conditioners that keep blowing fuses
- AC unit is making strange sounds
- AC coils becoming increasingly more dirty
Looking to save even more money on your air conditioner maintenance plan? Check out our current rebates, discounts, and seasonal promotions!
Other Air Conditioner Services Include
Why Call Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing for AC Maintenance in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, DC?
When you need AC service or maintenance in the Montgomery County, MD, Fairfax County, VA, and DC area, there’s only one name you need to know—Michael Bonsby HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical! We’ve been the reliable choice for air conditioner maintenance, tune-ups, and inspections for over 20 years because:
- We are a family-owned and -operated, local HVAC company.
- We guarantee complete customer satisfaction from start to finish.
- Our HVAC technicians are trained, educated, and licensed.
- We provide accurate quotes for time, materials, and equipment.
- Our company is fully licensed, bonded, and insured.
- We are a Member of Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA).
- We were featured as an HVAC provider on “This Old House.”
- We provide 24-hour HVAC service—usually by the next day!
- Special HVAC financing is available.
Contact us today if you are interested in learning more about our heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality systems and services or are ready to sign on for an AC maintenance plan!
- Indoor Air Quality
- Green Solutions
- Heat Pumps
- Our Manufacturers
Air Conditioner Inspection FAQs
Is there anything I can do myself to keep my air conditioner running smoothly?
Turn off your air conditioner’s fan and gently clean the fins of your blower fan to ensure that they run smoothly. Be careful when doing this because the fins bend fairly easily and may be damaged by sharp objects.
Locate your air conditioner’s condenser unit (the big box outside) and ensure it is free of leaves and other objects that can reduce its efficiency. Hose them out of the way, and make sure to prune any nearby bushes and shrubs so that nothing blocks your air conditioning unit. Finally, check the drain when the weather gets humid to ensure that moisture is being carried away from the system.
Make sure you keep your air conditioner’s filter well-maintained. Take the filter out and clean or replace it every month, but make sure you put a new one back in. Never run your air conditioner without a filter – doing so can seriously damage your unit.
and the Greater Washington, DC Area Montgomery County, MD,
Fairfax County, VA and
the Greater Washington, DC Area Alexandria, Bethesda, Boyds, Centreville, Chantilly, Chevy Chase,
Clarksville, Damascus, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City,
Fairfax, Falls Church, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg,
Great Falls, Herndon, Kensington, Laytonsville, McLean,
Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda, North Potomac,
Oakton, Olney, Potomac, Reston, Rockville, Silver Spring, Springfield,
Urbana, Vienna, Washington, DC Alexandria, Bethesda, Boyds, Centreville, Chantilly, Chevy Chase, Clarksville, Damascus, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City, Fairfax, Falls Church, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg, Great Falls, Herndon, Kensington, Laytonsville, McLean, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda, North Potomac, Oakton, Olney, Potomac, Reston, Rockville, Silver Spring, Springfield, Urbana, Vienna, Washington, DC View More >