Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality is becoming an increasing concern for families throughout the Gaithersburg, Maryland area. And with good reason—the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that indoor pollutant levels can be as much as 100 times higher than outdoor air!
At Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing, we offer a variety of systems, from humidifiers to UV light systems to air cleaners, to improve your indoor air quality at home. Contact us for all your HVAC needs in Maryland and Washington, DC, and we’ll address all your air quality concerns!
Types of IAQ Systems
Humidity can play a big part in determining the air quality in your home. Excessive humidity during Maryland’s sticky summers can cause mold to grow, while lack of humidity during winter can lead to a range of other problems—such as dry throat, dry skin, and irritated sinuses or asthma and allergy symptoms.
Air humidifiers can provide a number of great benefits for homes in the Montgomery County, MD area, including:
- Relieving coughs, colds, the flu, and hay fever
- Reducing allergy and asthma symptoms
- Decreasing static electricity
- Improving the atmosphere and air quality of your home
- Moisturizing the respiratory system, allowing asthma sufferers to breathe easier
- Reducing dust particles and killing bacteria
- Protecting wooden objects such as floors and furniture from cracking or warping
- Providing support to your heating and cooling systems for increased comfort
If you want to improve your indoor air quality, but you don’t think a humidifier is right for you, consider an air purifier. Air purifiers improve air quality by pulling microbes, odors, gasses, chemical fumes, and particulates out of the air. This type of IAQ system can provide wonderful health benefits to people with asthma, allergies, COPD, or other respiratory problems.
There are many different models of air purifiers on the market, and all of them target different pollutants in your air, so be sure to take your own needs into account when you are investing in an air purifier. If your primary concern is allergens (pollen, pet dander, etc.), for instance, you will want to go with a HEPA filter air purifier. If odors are a problem in your home, an ozone or carbon filter air purifier will benefit you more. And if you are concerned by the amount of bacteria or viruses in your air, an ultraviolet light air purifier will sterilize them, meaning microorganisms will no longer be able to reproduce and grow.
UV Light Systems
We also offer Sanuvox UV air purifier products. UV light is used to eliminate germs and odors from the air you breathe. We also offer several options of indoor air cleaners for removal of dust, pollen, pet dander, and other contaminants.
Contact Us to Install IAQ Systems in Maryland or Washington, DC
We spend so much time indoors, especially in the colder months; it just makes sense to do all we can to keep the air as clean as possible!
Whether you need a humidifier, air cleaner, air purifier, or other IAQ system in the Montgomery County area, call Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing. We have various systems available to improve your indoor air quality. Call us today to learn what system is best for your home in Maryland or Washington, DC!
Why should I call Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing?
- We are a family owned and operated, local HVAC company
- We guarantee complete customer satisfaction from start to finish
- All of our technicians are trained, educated, and licensed
- We provide accurate quotes for time, materials, and equipment
- We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- We are a Member of Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- We were featured as a provider on This Old House
- We offer 24-hour heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality service or replacements—usually by the next day!
- We use the latest software for Manual J Load Calculations
- We offer no-interest financing for up to six months
If you are interested in learning more about our heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality systems and services, or you want to schedule indoor air quality service today for your Maryland or DC area home, contact our Gaithersburg HVAC company!
and the Greater Washington, DC Area Montgomery County, MD,
Fairfax County, VA and
the Greater Washington, DC Area Alexandria, Bethesda, Boyds, Centreville, Chantilly, Chevy Chase,
Clarksville, Damascus, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City,
Fairfax, Falls Church, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg,
Great Falls, Herndon, Kensington, Laytonsville, McLean,
Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda, North Potomac,
Oakton, Olney, Potomac, Reston, Rockville, Silver Spring, Springfield,
Urbana, Vienna, Washington, DC Alexandria, Bethesda, Boyds, Centreville, Chantilly, Chevy Chase, Clarksville, Damascus, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City, Fairfax, Falls Church, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg, Great Falls, Herndon, Kensington, Laytonsville, McLean, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda, North Potomac, Oakton, Olney, Potomac, Reston, Rockville, Silver Spring, Springfield, Urbana, Vienna, Washington, DC View More >