As the evenings get cooler and the summer starts to wind down in Maryland, it’s time to start thinking about getting your heating system ready for the coming cold weather season. If you’ve postponed replacing your old furnace, now is the time to act—before your old system starts costing you more than necessary on your heating bills or breaks down all together.
You May Want to Invest in a Heating System Replacement If…
- Your heating bills are rising dramatically. If your utility bills at the end of last season were rising (even during a time of the year when they should be dropping), it’s a likely sign that your heating system is failing. An inefficient system uses more energy than one that’s running smoothly.
- Your furnace is noisy. Loud, unusual sounds coming from your furnace are another sign that something may be seriously wrong with your heating system.
- Your furnace is running more than usual. If at the end of the season last year your system was working harder than usual to produce the same results, it may be time for a heating replacement.
- Your heating system is more than 15 years old. Even the best and most well-maintained heating system won’t last forever. The average lifespan of a forced air furnace is around 15 to 20 years, while the average heat pump is expected to last 16 years. If your unit is nearing this age (or is older), a heating system replacement may be more cost-effective than repairs—which you’re likely to need more frequently as your unit ages.
- You’re either too hot or too cold. If you set the thermostat as you normally do, but are getting different results from the system, this can be an indication that it’s on its last legs.
Contact Us for a Heating System Replacement in Maryland or Washington, DC
At Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning, we want your family to stay warm and comfortable this coming winter and for years to come. We’ve been helping Maryland and DC homeowners with their heating needs for more than 20 years, and we’re happy to take the time to match you with the right heating system for your house, family, and budget. To schedule heating system replacement for your home in the Montgomery County, MD area, call us at 301 990-7970 or contact us online today.