Humidity can play a significant role in the overall air quality in your home. Lack of humidity can lead to aggravating symptoms such as dry throat, dry skin, and allergies. On the other hand, too much humidity can promote mold growth. If you think your Montgomery County home could benefit from a humidifier, contact Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning. We can help you choose the ideal humidifier for your Maryland or Washington, DC home.
Benefits of a Humidifier
Some of the benefits of installing a humidifier in your home include:
- Health – A space with low humidity is the ideal environment for viruses to thrive. Installing a humidifier in your home can decrease your chances of catching the flu or colds.
- Comfort – Dry air can worsen the symptoms of allergies and cause sore throats and dry noses.
- Preservation – Dry air can damage floors, paint, furniture and other things in your home. Humidifiers can help prevent this kind of damage by moistening the air.
- Energy efficiency – A humidifier helps you feel warmer without turning up the thermostat.
Choosing a Humidifier for Your Home
When choosing a humidifier for your home, some factors to consider include size, price, maintenance costs, and operating costs. It’s important to choose a model that suits both your home and your budget. Read more about some of the most popular types of humidifiers:
- Portable tabletop humidifiers – Portable humidifiers are the least expensive and are ideal for a single room.
- Room humidifiers – Room humidifiers can humidify an entire room or multi-room area.
- Whole-house humidifiers – Whole-house humidifiers can humidify an entire home as long as there are open doorways throughout.
- Warm mist humidifiers – These humidifiers contain a heating element that warms the water before dispersing it into the air.
- Steam vaporizers – Steam vaporizes contain a heating element that heats water before dispersing, and kills bacteria and organic compounds in the process.
- Cool mist humidifiers – These humidifiers disperse a cool mist in the air.
Call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning to Install a Humidifier in MD & DC
If you think your Maryland or Washington, DC home could benefit from a humidifier, contact Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning today! We can help you choose the ideal humidifier for your space to ensure the air stays healthy and comfortable throughout the year. Our highly experienced technicians understand humidifiers and HVAC systems inside and out, and we’ll keep yours is in peak condition.
If you are interested in installing a humidifier in your Maryland or Washington, DC home, call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-990-7970.