If you are looking for a more efficient way to heat and cool your Ellicott City, MD home, consider installing a ductless heat pump. Ductless heat pumps are quick and easy to install and provide massive energy savings, making them a great primary or secondary heating source for your Ellicott City area home!
Get year-round comfort for less! If you live in Ellicott City, MD or the surrounding area and are interested in installing a ductless heat pump in your home, call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-990-7970 or click here!
Benefits of Ductless Heat Pumps
Homeowners all over Ellicott City, MD choose ductless heating because it is:
- Extremely cost-effective and efficient. Ductless heat pumps are very easy to install—all we need is a three-inch hole in your wall or ceiling. Since they directly heat or cool the room they’re installed in, ductless heat pumps distribute air much more evenly than conventional HVAC systems, eliminating hot and cool spots and making your home much more comfortable. They also eliminate air leaks common to ducted heating and cooling systems for added comfort and efficiency.
- Easily controlled remotely. You can use a remote control like device, which also functions as a programmable thermostat, to control heating and cooling in your home. Systems offer many different modes of operation, including quiet, high, or timer. If you prefer, you can have wall-mounted controls installed as well.
- Arranged in customizable “zones.” These zones, or areas within your home, can be individually heated or cooled, giving you greater control over your home’s heating and cooling and helping you reduce unnecessary HVAC expenses. Ductless heat pumps in Ellicott City, MD can also be combined with existing electric baseboards in bedrooms and bathrooms to provide additional heat when necessary.
Ductless Heat Pump Installation in Ellicott City, MD
If you’re interested in ductless heat pump installation for your Ellicott City, MD home, Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning can help. This type of heating is especially recommended for those looking to:
Replace or supplement existing zoned heating units—such as electric baseboards. A single ductless heat pump can be used to heat the most important areas of your Ellicott City area home, and existing electric baseboards can be used to heat bedrooms and bathrooms.
Install a home addition or convert an attic into a living space. A ductless heat pump can provide effective and efficient heating and cooling for your new room—and you won’t have to stress over the hassle of extending your home’s ductwork or installing new electric heaters.
Call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning to add ductless heating to your Ellicott City, MD home!
Ductless Heat Pump Repair in Ellicott City, MD
If your ductless heat pump isn’t working as it should, we can help you get your system repaired fast. At Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning, our technicians are experienced and highly trained to repair any brand of ductless heat pump in the Ellicott City, MD area. Our goal is to help you ensure peak efficiency and heating capacity for many years.
Call us for a ductless heat pump repair in Ellicott City, MD if you notice:
- Loud, unusual noises
- Lack of sufficient heat
- Higher than normal heating bills
- Any other problem!
Looking to save even more money on Ellicott City, MD ductless heat pump services? Check out our current rebates, discounts, and seasonal promotions!
Schedule Ductless Heat Pump Services in Ellicott City, MD
If you want to service or install a ductless heat pump in Ellicott City, MD, look to the pros at Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning. We have years of experience providing ductless heating services in the Ellicott City, MD area and can ensure yours is in peak condition so you can stay warm and comfortable all winter long (while saving on your heating bills!).
For ductless heat pump installation or repair in the Ellicott City, MD area, call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-990-7970 or click here!
Why Call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning?
- Family owned and operated, local HVAC company
- Guaranteed complete customer satisfaction from start to finish
- Trained, educated, and licensed HVAC technicians
- Accurate quotes for time, materials, and equipment
- Fully licensed, bonded, and insured HVAC contractor
- Member of Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- Featured HVAC provider on This Old House
- 24-hour HVAC service – usually by the next day!
- Special HVAC financing available with approved credit
If you are interested in learning more about Ellicott City, MD ductless heating services or want information on our other heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality systems and services, contact us today!
Ductless Heating FAQs
Where can I use my ductless heat pump?
Replacing existing systems – ductless systems are commonly used to replace or supplement inefficient electric baseboard, wall or ceiling units, as well as wood stoves and other space heaters such as propane or kerosene. Many people like to use a single system to serve the main area of the house while leaving existing electric baseboards in bedrooms and bathrooms.
Room additions – ductless systems are extremely easy to add to room additions or remodels. Rather than extending your home’s existing ductwork or pipes, or adding electric resistance heaters, the ductless system can provide efficient heating and cooling.
New construction – new home designs can be adapted to take advantage of a ductless system’s many benefits. One or more systems might be installed in various “zo+nes” of the house to simplify installation and minimize refrigerant line length.
Are ductless systems efficient?
Yes! Ductless systems use 25 to 50 percent less energy than electric resistance and forced air systems. Three key factors account for the high efficiency of a ductless system:
- Ductless systems allow the user to control each heating/cooling zone independently, eliminating the costly over-heating and cooling common to central air systems. Why pay to heat or cool rooms that are not currently occupied?
- Central air systems can lose as much as 30 percent of their efficiency through air leaks and conduction in the ductwork. Ductless systems use inverter-driven, variable speed compressors that allow the system to maintain constant indoor temperatures by running continuously at higher or lower speeds. Thus, the system can ramp-up or down without great losses in operating efficiency, avoiding the energy intensive on/off cycling common in electric resistance and forced air systems.
- Modern ductless systems have ultra-high Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratios (SEER) between 16 and 22, and Heating Seasonal Performance Factors (HSPF) between 8.5 and 11.