Air handlers, or fan coils, are responsible for circulating the heated or air conditioned air throughout the home. Essentially, the air handler is one of the most important parts of your heating and cooling system! Without a well-functioning air handler, your home will not reach the comfortable temperature you desire.
At Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning, we have been repairing and replacing air handlers for more than 20 years. Contact us today to schedule service in Maryland and Washington, DC.
What Is an Air Handler?
An air handler is a small metal box that circulates air throughout the home that contains:
- A blower fan driven by an electric motor
- Coils for both heating and cooling
- A filter
- A set of controls
The air handler’s job is to supply conditioned air to the occupied spaces in your home. In smaller HVAC units, this job is handled by the fan coil, which houses all of the necessary systems in one unit that is not connected to any ductwork.
While older, single speed air handlers were largely inefficient, newer models have two speed or variable speed air handlers that adjust to their most efficient levels based on how much heating or cooling the air in your home needs.
Variable-Speed Air Handler Installation & Replacement
If you want to get the maximum efficiency out of your air handler, consider installing a variable-speed air handler as part of your HVAC system. Variable-speed air handlers have a number of benefits when compared with single-speed air handlers:
- Variable-speed air handlers cost less to operate– Since they spend most of their time running at a low speed, variable-speed air handlers do not need nearly as much energy to operate as single-speed air handlers and therefore cost less to run.
- Variable-speed air handlers do not blast air– Because they can work their way gradually from low speed to high speed, variable-speed air handlers do not blast air from vents when they turn on. In fact, the transition can be so mild you might not even notice when your variable-speed air handler kicks on!
- Variable-speed air handlers are quiet– Since they usually run at low speed, variable-speed air handlers are much quieter than single-speed air handlers.
- Variable-speed air handlers can create heating zones– Variable-speed air handlers can be programmed to supply different amounts of air to different rooms, making them effective zoned heating systems.
- Variable-speed air handlers can help curb humidity– Variable-speed air handlers can help control humidity in your home without making the air feel dry. Some variable-speed air handlers are so effective at removing humidity they can pull as much as 24 gallons from your home’s air per day!
If you are looking to install an efficient air handler in your home, simply contact Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning today!
Air Handler & Fan Coil Repair Service in Maryland and Washington, DC
If you are experiencing air flow problems with your home’s HVAC unit, you may need air handler or fan coil repair. Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning can provide air handler or fan coil repair for all brands of air handlers or fan coils so your HVAC unit can keep you comfortable all year round. If you need air handler repair, call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning today!
Contact Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning for Air Handler Installation and Repair
If your home’s HVAC system needs an efficiency boost, or if your current air handler is showing signs of wear, it may be time to call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning for air handler or fan coil replacement. We have an extensive list of air handlers to choose from and can help you install the air handler that would be best for your Maryland or Washington, DC home. Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning is an authorized distributer of American Standard air handlers in Maryland.