If you’ve lived in the Maryland/DC area for even just one year, you know how cold our winters can get. That’s why it’s important to have a reliable local HVAC company on your side! For more than 10 years, Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing has been providing furnace repair services for families in Gaithersburg, Rockville, Germantown, and throughout Montgomery County, MD and NW Washington, DC. If your furnace burns out on the coldest day of the year, don’t fret—call us today!
When you need furnace repair fast, call Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing at 301-990-7970 or click here to contact us online!
Our Furnace Repair Services in Washington, DC & Maryland
No matter what your furnace repair needs are, Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing has the solution. We offer furnace repair services on systems of any make and model and over the years, have fixed just about every furnace component, including:
- Circuit boards
- Limit switches
- Draft inducers
- Pressure controls
- Gas valves
- Ignition controls
- Hot surface igniters
Whether you can pinpoint your exact furnace problem or all you know is you’re freezing cold, you can rely on the pros at Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing. Our furnace repair team can swiftly diagnose your problem and have it taken care of quickly, reliably, and within your budget.
Common Furnace Problems for DC Area Homeowners
Any furnace you buy these days is most likely going to be very reliable. However, there are a few common furnace problems you may run into with your system:
- Thermostat problems – as it turns out, most furnace problems are actually thermostat problems. If you use a digital or programmable thermostat, check the battery to make sure it’s working properly. If it seems to be, or if you can’t access the battery, you may have to replace the thermostat.
- Mismatched thermostat and furnace – some furnaces need specific types of thermostats to activate certain features, otherwise, the thermostat might not work properly.
- Noisy operation – furnaces are supposed to run quietly. Call us today if you hear:
- Squeaking – could signify an air leak
- Rumbling or rattling – can be caused by an out-of-balance blower wheel or simply a dirty furnace
- A blower that does not turn off – the first thing to do here is checking to make sure your thermostat is set to AUTO and not ON. If it’s set properly, you may have a blockage in your system or a damaged limit switch.
- A blower that turns on and off too frequently (short-cycling) – short-cycling is most commonly caused by a blockage in your system.
- Insufficient heat – this is most commonly caused by clogged filters.
- No heat coming from your unit – if your furnace isn’t producing any heat, the power could be cut off, the thermostat could be malfunctioning, or the pilot light could be out.
- Unlit pilot light – a failed thermocouple, strong draft, or clogged gas supply all could cause your pilot light to go out.
Fair Pricing for Any Budget
At Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing, our top priority is keeping you comfortable all year long, no matter what. Whatever your budget, if you need furnace inspection, we’ll make it work!
Fixed-rate pricing – no matter how long the job takes or what additional issues may pop up, you’ll always know exactly what you’re paying for. Prices come from our HVAC service manual, so you’ll never have to worry about how long the technician takes or where we are getting our numbers.
If you need furnace repair in Gaithersburg, Rockville, or anywhere in Montgomery County, Maryland, don’t wait—call Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing today!
Why Call Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing for Furnace Repair in Gaithersburg, Rockville, Germantown, and throughout Montgomery County, MD and NW Washington, DC?
- We are a family-owned and -operated, local HVAC company
- We guarantee complete customer satisfaction from start to finish
- All of our technicians are trained, educated, and licensed
- We offer upfront, accurate quotes for time, materials, and equipment
- We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- We are a member of Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- Our company was featured as a provider on This Old House
- We provide 24-hour emergency service and replacements on heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality systems—usually by the next day
- We use the latest software for Manual J Load Calculations
When your furnace breaks down and you live in Gaithersburg, Rockville, Germantown, and throughout Montgomery County, MD and NW Washington, DC, Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing can get it back up and running fast. Contact us today to schedule service you can count on from a contractor you can trust or call 301-990-7970 for immediate assistance! Check out our special offers for great savings on furnace service visits and more.