When it comes to winter air in the Maryland and Washington, DC area, it’s sometimes hard to tell what is less comfortable—cold outdoor air or dry indoor air! That’s why Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning installs humidifiers to keep just the right amount of moisture in your home’s indoor air. Don’t let uncomfortable indoor air worsen your allergies and dry out your skin, lips, and furniture—call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning today!
If you live in Maryland or Washington, DC and are interested in installing a humidifier in your home, call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-990-7970 or click here!
Benefits of Humidifier Installation
Dry air can cause more than a scratchy throat and dry skin—scientists have recently determined that dry winter air is one of the reasons that the flu virus spreads so much more quickly in the winter. A humidifier can improve the indoor air quality of your home in many ways, including:
- Helping ease cold symptoms by keeping the air moist and your lungs elastic
- Helping reduce susceptibility to infection by helping your throat and nasal passages to expel foreign objects like mold, pet dander, and bacteria
- Relieving and preventing itchy dry skin and lips
- Keeping wood furniture from drying out and cracking
- Reducing static electricity in your home
- Keeping wood floors from buckling and separating
- Reducing nasal irritation and preventing nosebleeds
Best of all, since moisture in the air holds heat, humidifiers can help you feel warmer in the winter even with the thermostat set a few degrees lower, so a thermostat setting of 75 degrees at 20 percent humidity feels like 70 degrees at 80 percent humidity.
Schedule Your Humidifier Installation Today
If you need to install a humidifier in Maryland or Washington, DC, contact Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning today! We can help you make sure the air in your home stays healthy and comfortable all winter long. Our highly experienced technicians understand humidifiers and HVAC systems inside and out, and we’ll ensure yours is in peak condition.
Looking to save even more money on your HVAC services?
Schedule your HVAC service in Maryland or Washington, DC today—call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-990-7970 or click here!
Why call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning?
- Family owned and operated, local HVAC company
- Guarantee complete customer satisfaction from start to finish
- Trained, educated, and licensed HVAC technicians
- Accurate quotes for time, materials, and equipment
- Fully licensed, bonded and insured
- Member of Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- Featured as HVAC provider on “This Old House”
- 24-hour HVAC service – usually by the next day
- Special HVAC financing available with approved credit
If you are interested in learning more about our heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality systems and services, contact us today!
Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning services the following areas:
MARYLAND: Bethesda, Boyds, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Clarksville, Damascus, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg, Kensington, Laytonsville, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda, North Potomac, Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, Urbana
For all your HVAC needs, look to Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning for comprehensive heating and cooling services—call or click today to learn more about:
What size humidifier is best?
As with any HVAC system, it’s impossible to answer this question without knowing the size and layout of your home. Before we install a humidifier, your Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning technician will survey your home and determine the optimal size humidifier to keep you comfortable all winter long.
What is the ideal humidity level?
According to the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Standard Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy, the ideal humidity levels for your home should be between 30 – 50 percent in the summer and 30 – 40 percent in the winter.