The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program is a national program administered by the U.S. Department of Energy in conjunction with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Since 2002, over 330,000 homeowners improved their homes’ efficiency with whole house solutions to IMPROVE comfort and indoor air quality while REDUCING energy bills. Their homes are warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer, and more affordable to operate all year. (SOURCE: energystar.gov)
The national program connects homeowners with local independent contractors (like us!) who are specially trained to understand how your home operates, identify health and safety issues, and give you personalized recommendations for increasing your home’s energy efficiency. Also, many states and local utilities (like BGE and Pepco) offer incentives to homeowners who complete energy efficiency improvements. Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing is working with BGE and Pepco’s Home Energy Savings Program to use advanced, state-of-the-art equipment to evaluate and audit your home’s energy usage and assist you in achieving your goals.
Through this program, we will come to your home and:
- Perform a comprehensive Home Energy Assessment, typically valued at $400, for only $100**.
- Install several simple measures at NO additional cost to help you start saving energy immediately. This may include energy-efficient lighting, efficient-flow shower heads, smart strips, faucet aerators and water heater tank and pipe insulation.
- Recommend improvements and available rebates to make your home more energy-efficient, comfortable, healthy and safe.
- Provide you with a detailed report on the potential energy savings you can enjoy by making the recommended improvements.
In addition to the specific plan we will prepare for your home, we may recommend any of these typical energy-saving home improvements:
- Sealing Air Leaks & Adding Insulation: Sealed air leaks and properly installed insulation in attics, walls and floors allow more even temperatures throughout the home and result in a quieter, more comfortable and less costly living environment.
- Sealing & Insulating Ductwork: Sealed ducts and a balanced duct system can optimize airflow to all rooms. Insulating ductwork in attics and crawlspaces can also reduce energy use.
- Improving Heating & Cooling Systems: Properly installed ENERGY STAR qualified high-efficiency heat pumps, furnaces and air conditioning units can help you save on heating and cooling costs year-round, and also provide more consistent temperatures and humidity control.
- Upgrading Lighting, Appliances & Water Heating Equipment: Energy used for lighting and appliances can account for nearly half your utility bill. Installing ENERGY STAR qualified products can help you reduce the energy used, helping to lower your utility costs.
- Replacing Windows: ENERGY STAR qualified window models that are specific to your local climate will help insulate your home from outdoor temperature changes, eliminate drafts and lower your energy costs.
How can I benefit from Home Performance with ENERGY STAR?
Homeowners who participate in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program live in cooler homes in the summer and warmer homes in the winter, and pay less for their utility bills. Plus, you could receive rebates up to $4,300* on energy-saving upgrades!
- Check out these stories from homeowners who participated in the program and started saving energy AND money: CLICK HERE
- BGE‘s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program
- Pepco‘s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program
START SAVING WITH ONLY $100! Call us today to schedule your $100 Home Performance Energy Audit: (301) 990-7970.
These programs support the EmPOWER Maryland Energy Efficiency Act.
*Maximum rebate amount based on the inclusion of duct sealing services and installation of HVAC equipment as part of the overall scope of work. **The $100 offer is valid for homes up to 3,000 square feet with a single combustion appliance zone. Audits of larger homes or ones w/ multiple combustion appliance zones may cost more.