Water Heater Repair in MD & DC
Top-Rated Water Heater Repair Plumbers in Maryland & Washington, DC
Losing access to hot water in your Maryland or DC home is no fun. The team at Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing provides fast and efficient water heater services, including repairs, for homeowners in Gaithersburg, Rockville, Columbia, and Washington, DC. You can count on us to get your gas or electric water heater operating again in no time at all. Call us anytime, night or day — there’s no water heater repair we can’t handle!
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair
Many homeowners don’t notice something’s wrong with their water heater until it stops delivering hot water or completely breaks down. Here are some warning signs to look for that indicate the equipment needs repair work.
- Fluctuation in water temperature
- Reduced hot water pressure
- Puddles near or under the water heater
- Cloudy, rusty, and/or foul-smelling water
- Strange noises
- Lukewarm water
- Hot water runs out faster than usual
Also, if it’s been a year or more since you’ve had your water heater inspected, it’s a good idea to get it checked so you can make repairs early on and before minor issues become big and expensive problems.
When to Replace a Broken Water Heater
With proper maintenance, most gas and electric water heaters last up to 12 years, with tankless models often lasting 20 years or more. As the heater ages, you’ll likely start to see signs it needs to be replaced. While annual maintenance prolongs its life, it’s time for a water heater replacement if:
- The water heater is too old. To avoid having a complete breakdown that can cause flooding, it’s best to replace the heater once a decade has passed from the manufacture date.
- You notice signs of a bad water pump. If you see rust on the tank or in the water, if there are leaks, or if the heater is no longer producing hot water, it most likely should be replaced.
- Your water heater has a rusty inlet valve or pipes. Corrosion is the sure warning sign of a future leak.
- You notice unusual noises. Noises from the water heater’s tank usually indicate sediment buildup, which can lead to inefficiency and accelerate tank damage. Having the system flushing by a professional plumber once a year can help remove the sediment, but if the tank continues to make noise, it’s time to replace the heater.
- Your water heater is leaking. A leaking water heater poses serious risks, including flooding, ruining flooring and carpeting, destroying personal belongings, and contributing to mold growth. Why take chances?
The licensed plumbers at Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing are trained and equipped to ensure the proper repair and replacement of all types of water heaters.
Why Choose Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing?
For more than 20 years, Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing has provided homeowners in Gaithersburg, Rockville, Columbia, and Washington, DC with the home services they need to live comfortably and well. We’re a family-owned and -operated contractor trusted by hundreds of Maryland and DC residents. We provide accurate quotes for time, materials, and equipment and guarantee satisfaction from start to finish.
Greater Washington, DC Area Montgomery County, MD
and the Greater Washington, DC Area Bethesda, Boyds, Chevy Chase, Clarksville, Damascus, Darnestown,
Derwood, Ellicott City, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg, Kensington,
Laytonsville, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda,
North Potomac, Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, Urbana,
Washington, DC Bethesda, Boyds, Chevy Chase, Clarksville, Damascus, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg, Kensington, Laytonsville, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda, North Potomac, Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, Urbana, Washington, DC View More >