Providing AC Replacement, Installation & More in Maryland & DC for Over 20 Years
There’s nothing worse than having an air conditioner completely burn out on you on the hottest day of the summer. But when you need air conditioning replacement in Maryland or Washington, DC, Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing has you covered!
At Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing, we provide the highest quality installations and equipment to maximize the energy efficiency of your investment. Call 240-342-6910 or contact us online to schedule service today!
How Long Does an AC Unit Last?
Depending on how well your air conditioner was initially installed and regular AC maintenance has been performed, your system should last as long as 10 – 15 years. So if yours is starting to get older and you’re worried it won’t last much longer, it might be time to think about having it replaced. And as frustrating as that can seem, there are many times when an AC replacement can actually save you money in the long run.
When to Call for Air Conditioning Replacement
Are you experiencing problems with your air conditioner? There are several things to consider before you decide if you want to repair your air conditioner or replace it with a new, higher efficiency air conditioner.
It may be time for AC replacement for your Maryland or DC home, if:
- Your AC system is losing efficiency. Since new air conditioners are required to have SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio) ratings of 13 or more, they have less of an environmental impact and cost less to run than older air conditioners. In the long run, replacing your old air conditioner with a newer, high-efficiency unit could save you hundreds of dollars a year on your energy bills.
- Your AC unit needs frequent repair. If air conditioner repairs costing a few hundred dollars are becoming a regular occurrence, it’s probably time to think about AC replacement. If you’ve had it repaired more than twice in the last two years, air conditioning replacement may be the best option.
- Your AC unit is aging. Like all machinery, air conditioners have a limited lifespan. If your air conditioner is more than 10 years old and is starting to show signs of wear and tear, a simple repair job may no longer make sense—air conditioner replacement and installation will likely be more cost-effective.
Top-Quality Products for AC Replacement & Installation
We are an authorized dealer of American Standard and Mitsubishi air conditioners, but we can install any other AC brand as well! If you want a healthy air conditioner that will keep your family cool and comfortable this summer, call us for all your AC replacement needs.
We also offer ongoing air conditioner maintenance plans to keep your system running efficiently for years to come.
Why Choose Michael Bonsby for Air Conditioning Replacement in Maryland & DC?
Residents all over Gaithersburg, Montgomery County, and the DC rely on Michael Bonsby for AC services because:
- We promise 100% customer satisfaction from start to finish
- Our HVAC technicians are trained, educated, and licensed
- We always provide accurate quotes for time, materials, and equipment
- Our service is fast and efficient—we offer 24-hour HVAC service, usually by the next day
- We provide HVAC financing options
- And more!
See what our customers are saying about our AC services in Maryland and DC!
Call Michael Bonsby Today for AC Replacement in Maryland & Washington, DC
At Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing, we know how important it is to make sure your air conditioner installation and replacement services are performed right the first time. For AC service you can trust, choose the team at Michael Bonsby!
Our Other Air Conditioner Services:
Our AC Replacement Service Area:
MARYLAND: Bethesda, Boyds, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Clarksville, Columbia, Damascus, Darnestown, Ellicott City, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg, Kensington, Laytonsville, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda, North Potomac, Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, and Urbana.
WASHINGTON, DC: Brightwood, Cleveland Park, and Friendship Heights.
Air Conditioner Replacement FAQs
What is the average lifespan of a furnace or air conditioning system?
Provided you schedule regular furnace or air conditioner maintenance and tune ups, your air conditioner should last about 12 – 15 years, and your furnace should last between 15 – 20 years.
Do I have to replace my AC coil when I replace my air conditioner?
You don’t HAVE to, but you should. New air conditioning systems are designed to be paired with a coil of the same SEER. If they’re not, your AC will most likely run at the lower efficiency. Also, older air conditioner coils may use R-22 (Freon) refrigerant, which is no longer the standard—newer air conditioner coils use the environmentally friendly R-410a which can’t be easily transferred over.
What are some good reasons why I should replace my AC?
Sometimes the case for replacing an air conditioner is easy – sometimes it’s not. If your air conditioner isn’t in immediate danger of failure, there are a couple of things you should consider when thinking about air conditioner replacement:
- Your system is more than 10 years old
- Your system is much less efficient than usual
- You’ve had it repaired more than twice in the last two years