You wouldn’t take a road trip in a car that’s been sitting in the garage for a year without getting a checkup, right? Well if you turn on your heating system in the winter without having it looked at by a technician first, that’s exactly what you’re doing! Regular heating system maintenance will ensure your furnace or heat pump operates at peak performance all winter long, reducing the need for expensive repairs and your monthly energy bills along with it.
Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning has over 20 years of experience providing heating system maintenance to homeowners in Maryland and Washington, DC. So put your system in good hands! Give us a call at 301-990-7970 or fill out an online contact form to schedule your appointment today.
Why Invest in Heating System Maintenance?
There are a number of benefits to regular heating system maintenance. Primarily:
- Regular heating system tune-ups will extend the lifespan of your equipment.
- Getting a heating inspection in fall allows your technician to diagnose and repair issues before the cold weather season starts.
- Routine heating system maintenance can increase efficiency, improving comfort and reducing your energy bills in the process.
- Regular maintenance reduces the chance of breakdown and the need for expensive repairs in the middle of winter.
What to Expect from Your Heating Inspection and Tune-Up
When you call us for a heating inspection and tune-up, we will send an experienced, fully trained technician out to your home. The service we provide will vary depending on the type of system you have.
Furnace maintenance typically consists of:
- Inspecting the exhaust flue, inducer housing for cracks, burners, and heat exchanger
- Testing for gas leaks or carbon monoxide and proper combustion air levels, gas pressure, ignitor resistance, and fan sped
- Testing high-limit/auxiliary limit switches, pressure switches, motor amps, motor capacitor MFD, and inducer motor amps
- Cleaning pressure switch barb, flame sensor/thermocouple, blower and burner compartments
- Checking filter, air flow (evaporator coil cleanliness), and cleanliness of blower fan
Heat pump maintenance typically costs of:
- Calibrating your thermostat
- Cleaning and replacing your air filters as necessary
- Testing and correcting airflow
- Tightening all electrical connections
- Measuring voltages and currents on your motors
- Lubricating all moving parts
- Checking the temperature difference between the supply air and the return air, fuses and coils, condensate drain, and furnace blower
- Inspecting the safety controls
- And more!
Why Call Michael Bonsby HVAC for Heating System Maintenance in Maryland & Washington, DC?
There are many reasons why your friends and neighbors in the Montgomery County area come to us for their heating system tune-up and inspection each year. Here are just a few:
- We area family owned and operated, local HVAC company
- We guarantee complete customer satisfaction from start to finish
- Our HVAC technicians are trained, educated, and licensed
- We provide accurate quotes for time, materials, and equipment
- We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- We are a Member of Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- We were featured as an HVAC provider on “This Old House”
- We offer 24-hour HVAC service – usually by the next day
- Special HVAC financing is available with approved credit
Schedule Your Heating System Tune-Up and Inspection Today
When you need heating system maintenance in Maryland or Washington, DC, there’s only one name you need to know—Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning! We have been providing comprehensive heating services throughout the Montgomery County area for over 20 years, including furnace maintenance and heat pump maintenance, and we pride ourselves on our customer service and our technical expertise.
To schedule your heating inspection and tune-up today, contact us online or by phone at 301-990-7970!