Heat Pump Repair
Repair Service in Gaithersburg, MD, Fairfax County, VA, Washington, DC, and More!
Since they provide both energy efficient heating during the winter and cooling during the summer, heat pumps are the preferred heating and cooling system for many homeowners in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC. And while heat pumps are typically reliable, there may come times when you need to get yours checked out. When this happens, call Michael Bonsby HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical!
To schedule heat pump repair, contact us online or give us a call!
We also do 24/7 emergency repair. Call us for emergency repair service!
When to Schedule Heat Pump Repair
- Poor heating or cooling – if your heat pump is producing less heat than usual, or no heat at all, it may have a low refrigerant charge or low air or water flow rates.
- Heat pump doesn’t operate in heating mode – if your heat pump doesn’t operate when you switch to heating mode, you may have a high or low pressure lock-out, a stuck reversing valve or a compressor failure.
- Your heating costs are higher than usual – if your heat pump is losing efficiency, you may have improper control settings or you could be using your thermostat improperly.
- You have low temperature air coming from your vents – occasional low temperatures are normal with heat pumps – they don’t necessarily indicate a problem. However, if you feel like the indoor air temperatures are TOO low you may want to call for heat pump repair.
- Frozen compressor – heat pump compressors go through natural freeze—defrost cycles constantly throughout the winter – this is why they have defrost timers. However, if your heat pump freezes up and stays frozen, it may be due to inadequate elevation of the heat pump, especially in areas where snowfall can block drainage of condensate and cause it to freeze in the unit. Frozen heat pumps can also be caused by dirty air filters in the spring.
No matter what problems your heat pump is having, Michael Bonsby HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical should be the first call that you make! Our heat pump repair experts have been fixing heat pumps throughout the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC area for decades. If you know something’s wrong, but aren’t sure why, we can come out to inspect and diagnose the issue before getting repairs taken care of. If you need heat pump repair, call us today!
Heat Pump Maintenance
Not only are we repair experts, but we can also ensure your heat pump is running efficiently before problems erupt or install a new one! Click below to learn more about our heat pump services.
We know that heat pump problems are usually unplanned, so we try to make repairs as affordable on you as possible. Click here to see current rebates, discounts, and seasonal promotions!
Why Choose Michael Bonsby HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical for Heat Pump Repair?
The pros at Michael Bonsby HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical have been fixing heat pumps for over 20 years. We have seen just about every possible heat pump problem, from busted motors to faulty defrost timers and everything in between. You rely on your heat pump to keep you comfortable all year long, so trust it with the experts.
When you need heat pump repair in Montgomery County, MD, Fairfax County, VA, or the nearby NW Washington, DC area, call Michael Bonsby HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical. How do you know we’ll get the job done right the first time around?
- Our heat pump repair technicians are fully trained, educated, and licensed
- We are a family owned and operated, local HVAC company with over 20 years’ experience
- We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- We provide accurate quotes and special financing with approved credit
- We offer 24/7 emergency heat pump repairs
Call Us 24/7 for Heat Pump Repair in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, DC
When your heat pump breaks down, whether in the middle of the work day or the middle of the night, we can provide you with a cost-effective solution. Call Michael Bonsby HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical 24/7 for heat pump repair you can count in Maryland or Washington, DC—301-990-7970 !
Michael Bonsby HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical services the following areas:
MARYLAND: Bethesda, Boyds, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Clarksville, Damascus, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg, Kensington, Laytonsville, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda, North Potomac, Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, Urbana
VIRGINIA: FAIRFAX COUNTY
Heat Pump Repair FAQs
Can I repair my own heat pump?
While you can do most of the cleaning and maintenance of your heat pump yourself, it’s generally not a good idea to try and repair anything major without proper training. Heat pumps are on a 240V circuit, meaning that severe electrocution is possible if you don’t have a strong working knowledge of electricity. In addition, most modern heat pumps contain complex circuit boards and sensors and have to comply with tight regulations. In general, it’s best to leave the major repairs to the experts!
How often should I change my heat pump’s air filter?
Like your air conditioner and furnace, you should change the filter on your heat pump once a month during peak use, and once every three months outside of that.
and the Greater Washington, DC Area Montgomery County, MD,
Fairfax County, VA and
the Greater Washington, DC Area Alexandria, Bethesda, Boyds, Centreville, Chantilly, Chevy Chase,
Clarksville, Damascus, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City,
Fairfax, Falls Church, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg,
Great Falls, Herndon, Kensington, Laytonsville, McLean,
Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda, North Potomac,
Oakton, Olney, Potomac, Reston, Rockville, Silver Spring, Springfield,
Urbana, Vienna, Washington, DC Alexandria, Bethesda, Boyds, Centreville, Chantilly, Chevy Chase, Clarksville, Damascus, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City, Fairfax, Falls Church, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg, Great Falls, Herndon, Kensington, Laytonsville, McLean, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda, North Potomac, Oakton, Olney, Potomac, Reston, Rockville, Silver Spring, Springfield, Urbana, Vienna, Washington, DC View More >