Modern homes are tighter and more efficient than ever. This is good news for anyone looking to save money on their heating and cooling bills every month, but not so good for anyone suffering from allergies or asthma! Homes that aren’t able to “breathe” can collect pollutants that make breathing difficult and unhealthy for anyone living there. In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that indoor air quality can be as many as 100 times worse than outdoor air!
Fortunately, you have a lot of options when it comes to cleaning up the air in your home—standard 1” filters, portable air purifiers, and ionizers, etc.—but when it comes down to it, the best thing you can do is call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning! We can install a whole-home air cleaner directly in your HVAC system that will scrub your air clean with every cycle.
If you live in Maryland or Washington, DC and are interested in installing a whole-house air cleaner in your home, call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning at 301-990-7970!
How Do Whole-Home Air Cleaners Work?
The simplest and most effective way to clean the air in your home is with a whole-house air cleaner. Installed as part of your home’s central heating and cooling system and designed to replace your existing 1” filter, whole-home air cleaners operate noiselessly and stay completely out of sight, trapping harmful contaminants like pollen, mold and mildew, bacteria and viruses, dust mites, and more with every cycle.
Whole-house air cleaners require minimal maintenance—unlike traditional air filters that need to be changed every one to three months, most air cleaners need to be cleaned or replaced only once a year (depending on system run time and regional variability).
Why Should You Install a Whole-Home Air Cleaner?
- Each person inhales over 3,500 gallons of air each day. Children inhale more particles for their size than adolescents or adults.
- Polluted air causes 94 percent of all respiratory problems.
- More than 31 million Americans have been diagnosed with asthma, about 1/3 of which are children under 18.
- About 40,000 dust mites, a common household allergen, can live in one ounce of dust.
- An estimated 10 – 15 percent of the entire population may be allergic to cat or dog dander.
- A person sheds up to 700,000 skin flakes per day.
Schedule Your Air Cleaner Installation or Replacement Today
If you need to install a whole-home air cleaner in Maryland or Washington, DC, contact Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning today! We can help you make sure the air in your home stays healthy and safe all year long. Our highly experienced technicians understand air cleaners and HVAC systems inside and out, and we’ll ensure yours is in peak condition. If you already have an air cleaner system in place but it’s time for an upgrade, we can also provide you with an air cleaner replacement to meet your needs.
Contact us to get started today!
You may be able to save on your new indoor air quality investment! Click here to see current rebates, discounts, and seasonal promotions.
Why Call Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning for Whole-House Air Cleaners in Maryland & Washington, DC?
- We are a family owned and operated, local HVAC company
- We guarantee complete customer satisfaction from start to finish
- Our HVAC technicians are trained, educated, and licensed
- We offer accurate quotes for time, materials, and equipment
- We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- We are a Member of Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- We were featured as an HVAC provider on This Old House
- We offer 24-hour HVAC service – usually by the next day
- Special HVAC financing is available with approved credit
Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning services the following areas:
MARYLAND: Bethesda, Boyds, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Clarksville, Damascus, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glenelg, Kensington, Laytonsville, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, North Bethesda, North Potomac, Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, Urbana
For all your HVAC needs, look to Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning for comprehensive heating and cooling services—call or click today to learn more about:
Indoor Air Quality FAQs
Are IAQ and outdoor pollution related?
Yes – since no home is 100% sealed (though many are close), air within your home came from the outside at one point, carrying with it any pollutants that were present in the outdoor air. Most of the time, pollutants in outdoor air are present in lower concentrations, but are sometimes enough to affect people in your home. This is especially true of pollen and mold spores from the outdoors that can get inside and cause hay fever and allergies, as well as high smog levels that can negatively affect occupants inside a building.
How common are IAQ problems?
According to the EPA, approximately 96% of all homes and buildings have IAQ problems!
How serious are IAQ problems?
The vast majority of IAQ problems are relatively minor. At worst, most people may suffer from things like cold or flu-like symptoms. Serious and/or permanent health effects are much rarer. However, they do occur, as in the case of Legionnaire’s disease outbreaks.