It’s difficult to believe, but autumn and winter will be here before you know it. As the evenings start to get cooler in Maryland and the school buses take to the streets, it’s time to think about getting your heating system ready for the coming cold weather season. Scheduling your fall HVAC maintenance appointment early on can keep your furnace or heat pump running at peak performance all winter long—while neglecting to do so can leave you with unexpected, costly repairs and shorten the lifespan of your equipment.
Why Invest in Fall HVAC Maintenance?
Having your heating system serviced at the end of summer or beginning of fall is essential to keeping it operating smoothly this winter and for as many years as possible. Fall HVAC maintenance allows you to:
- Clean your system. A clean heating system runs more efficiently, saving you energy and money on your monthly utility bills. If your furnace is dirty, the motor has to work harder to push through all of that dirt, shortening the life of your system.
- Catch any potential problems early on. Your technician will inspect all moving parts and the energy source of your system. This allows them to fix potential problems before the season starts, so you won’t be stuck with a broken unit or an expensive repair in the middle of winter.
- Keep your family safe. Your technician will check the vents and make sure that all of the potentially hazardous combustion gases, including carbon monoxide (CO2), are properly directed to the exterior of your home. A build-up of colorless, odorless CO2 can threaten your family’s health and safety.
- Validate your warranty. Most manufacturer’s warranties require ongoing maintenance for coverage. Skip the service call and the manufacturer may not pay if you have a major problem with the system!
- Save energy. A well-maintained furnace will use less energy, thus reducing your household’s carbon footprint. It’s kinder to the environment AND your wallet.
Schedule Fall HVAC Maintenance in Maryland or Washington, DC
At Michael Bonsby HVAC & Plumbing, we can’t stress the importance of fall HVAC maintenance enough. We have the experience and training necessary to keep your heating system running smoothly all winter long and provide both furnace maintenance and heat pump maintenance for your convenience.
To schedule fall HVAC maintenance for your home in Maryland or Washington, DC, call us today at 301 990-7970 or fill out a contact form directly from our website.